Friday, October 1, 2010

Last Day in Colorado

Our last full day in Colorado yesterday was spent in Denver, Lakewood and Red Rocks.
It was an absolutely glorious fall day! It started as a second trip to my Interiors lady who made the new windshield day for our coach.
After installing them I decided we needed to have a couple of alterations so we headed back to her shop. RV Interiors by Donna does an absolute great job with every aspect of the interior of the coach.
While she was working on the drape, we had some free time, so I decided to take DH to one of my favorite teen age haunts. Not a bad childhood when you grew up with a perfect view of the mountains every day and the backdrop of Red Rocks Ampitheater as a teen hide out!
We decided that the exercise walking from the back parking lot would be good since we are conditioning KayCee for hunting.
She did fine, but after 40 years OMG! I forgot how many stairs it is to the top and today my legs are definitely reminding me!Oh the memories! You haven't lived until you've attended a concert in this place!
A lady was singing from the rock ledge at the back of the stage and many were running the stairs.
One guy was jumping down the bleachers side to side, aparently conditioning for skiing. Such fantastic views, but disappointed that the city was overcast with a thick smog...:( No matter how many years go by, I still miss the Mile High City! We stopped at the Red Rocks Trading Post and Visitors Center, then followed up with a lunch at an outdoor cafe in Morrison.
I had to take some pics at Bandimere Speedway, even though no dragsters were present! All locked up? :( I definitely want to catch a national event there.

We took KayCee to a dog park on Alameda Parkway and stopped to get her a treat at a new pet store.
Then it was time to head back to the shop and pick up the drape, head back down C470 just in time for rush hour! I don't miss that. I 25 moved more swiftly than the day before, just as we headed into Colorado Springs, there was a bad accident that caused us to barely move along for over an hour. YUK. Our son and his family grabbed a bucket of Chicken and headed down for a nice sunset supper on the patio. We were just beginning to pack the vehicles. We said our goodbyes and we won't see them again til the end of the month when they will visit us for the opening weekend of Pheasant Season...a wild weekend! This morning I woke at 5 a.m. here..stepped outside and heard the bugles of revoli at Fort Carson. Another great fall day and I am finishing last minute details and getting ready to move out, dumping tanks and cleaning up for the last time for a while. At noon we will be NEBRASKA bound!

No comments:

Post a Comment