Friday, June 10, 2011

Dog Days of Georgia

I would have not thought that we would still be in Georgia. We have hit a bump in the road.

Heading back north out of Florida, we decided to use Interstate 75 and visit several more states before heading west. With the heat being so severe, we operate the generator while we travel to run the house air conditioners. It's much more comfortable and I can also use the computer going down the road. I found an RV dealership here that repairs our Onan 10,000 KW. Generator. They also have a state of the art Paint Booth for RVs at their body shop and having kicked around the idea of a face lift for Betsy, we decided to get the end caps painted where the front has rock chips from the road and the back end has some fading from sun and clear coat issues.

These people are going to apply a new product to the front of the coach so that the rocks from the road won't be an issue anymore.

I will report how that works but I'm excited because the rock chips are very unattractive. The Service Shop has removed the Genset and are waiting for the inspector from our extended Warranty Service to come out and approve the repairs. Betsy goes in on Monday at 7 am for the paint work and we will head to a Hotel in Warner Robin GA for a mini vacation away from the coach! They will have it for the entire week and we will get her back on Friday.
All this is taking place 20 miles north of where we are at the Twin Oaks RV Park. We have found a "gem" of a place to stay and if it weren't for the bugs and heat, we'd stay a month!

The owner and managers are great people and the facilities are relaxing and wonderful.

We will come back here after the paint job for the weekend to be sure the paint is set and head on north into Tennessee.

These folks haven't had any rain for over two months. This area could really benefit from some moisture.

We'll pray that happens soon! The only complaint that I have is their Verizon Service is erratic and my cell service is rotten! I am running on WiFi. which is o.k. for most things, but my business stuff waits just for my aircard. In the meantime, we're just experiencing Central Georgia.

DH loves to play with the camera, and I never know what to expect when I look! I think he's still havin' fun!

2 comments:

  1. I hope Betsy appreciates her new dress and doesn't get too jealous of your interim housing.

    ReplyDelete