Friday, October 28, 2011

Where did it go?

I really don't know where the month has gone, but here it is, the last weekend in October! A lot of the last couple of weeks has been spent - 1. On the road home 2. On the road after we got home....so basically in a vehicle. There is a saying, "Busier than a one armed paper hanger" Well I have a friend in Canada that I converse with through e mail everyday and I swear.... we've been passing that little paper hanger back and forth. I made a grave error for the blog however, in that I left the USB cord for my little camera in the coach in Arizona. I have tried several others I have and they don't work! So for a couple months I won't have pictures to share unless I use my other camera or my phone camera for something. There's always an abundance of things to do when we get here to the sticks and bricks in the fall. We have been busy with those. I was even called a "Slave Driver" one day! I got a new range hood installed, fall bushes planted in the front yard and one valve in the shower replaced. Several more things on my "Wish list" that I have a feeling will be next year's projects. KayCee and DH have been riding around the country every day securing places to hunt pheasants and getting some exercise. My oldest son came from Colorado Springs last night and his first Tank Commander in Iraq came from Lincoln, NE where he is now a recruiter. They met here and will spend the weekend hunting birds with DH and having a nice visit. I don't think they've spent much time together since Iraq. This is the first year in 35 that when Pheasant Season opens at daybreak tomorrow, I won't be here. I have a date at a Costume Party tonight in Broken Bow Nebraska....shhhhh! It's a suprise. Oh boy, will it be a suprise. Stay tuned....I'll let ya all know how it turns out! This next month is going to be super busy. I think I need to ship the little paper hanger guy back to Canada to bug Jan for a while but she suggested that I send him to Colorado to scoop snow and that would keep him busy for a while! What ever works...I just need a breather. We are still waiting for the firt storm of the season. We've had two or three hard freezes so it's only a matter of time now.

2 comments:

  1. You have another Canadian friend? I am so jealous.

    I understand you can get an adapter for your camera at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mskayndanbrown@gmail.comOctober 31, 2011 at 4:18 PM

    I looked and couldn't find one. You bet! I have more than two Canadian friends! They are staying in Osoyoos for the winter, member? I told ya that!

    ReplyDelete