Sunday, March 18, 2012

Shamrocks and Ten Drops

Hope everybody had a very Happy St.Patrick's Day! Ours was celebrated quietly. DH had an early morning golf date and breakfast at the golf club. I was busy here at home making the Corned Beef and Cabbage. I think I got the best batch I've ever done! I'm sure the fact that I had fresh field cabbage didn't hurt anything. We missed going to the Marine Corp Air Station Air Show yesterday. Our neighbors that watch KayCee were gone and we didn't get tickets early enough to have box seats. So I volunteered to watch our friend's dog while they went to the show. I still got to see the fabulous tricks and formations of the Thunderbirds jets. They come directly over here and were almost low enough when they flip upside down I could almost see their faces! Hopefully next year it will be our turn to go! Thursday evening we had our St. Patricks dance and although it was nice being able to visit, the music wasn't good so we were home by 9:30! The weather continues to be strange, we have been expecting a winter storm all week. It arrived amid the blowing dust and high wind warnings. Lets just say I'm getting tired of putting away the chairs and getting them back out again! The wind speeds got to 14 once. The rain amounted to wetting the pavement and it did cool down some. I don't think I'd call it a storm! Sun is out for the moment and that may change as we still have clouds around. I need to get out this morning and wash the sreaks and spots off the windows :{ More lots here have been sold this week, and the construction continues.
Lots of Villas and small homes are going up. Most are Canadian residents. Its amazing how they are getting all the square footage out of these lots.
We continue to look ahead and plan according to the schedule of leaving here the end of the month. We have gone for our last trip to Mexico this past week. I'm ready to move on. Getting excited about being in a different place and seeing some different scenery. If that makes me a Gypsy, then so be it!

2 comments:

  1. It's not fair you just got ten drops. We could send you more but I'm sure you wouldn't want it anymore than we do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got a few more than 10 today, but they were nothing buy mud balls!Wind is finally down a bit.

    ReplyDelete