Saturday, March 14, 2009

Wasting Away in Margaritaville...



Will take a few moments today to tell ya about our Friday here in the valley. DH went for one last golf outing with our friend that's heading back to Wyoming tomorrow. They got back about 12:30 and after a quick sandwich, we loaded up the fur ones and headed North on I 10... about 5 miles up the road, I had the revolution...."what in the .... are we doing? There's certain times that are worse than others to be on the roads around here, and Friday Afternoons are definitely bad news! Everybody's going somewhere to get away from something, and are in a hurry and short on patience! Well, by then we were committed and continued on in to the madness! Bumper to bumper for most of the way, and we had probably 75 miles to go! We were heading to Glendale, right by the Arizona Cardinals Football Stadium, to a Cabela's store. One of the few places that DH can Shop til he drops! It definitely took us a while to get there and I had decided that we were going to sit it out for a while and miss the rush hour. We remembered that Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville opened last year not far from there on the same street and decided we'd check that out after a lengthy bout of shopping and walking the dogs in Cabela's ample pet area. We found Margaritaville in the Complex that holds quite a few Restaraunt and Lounge combos, and a large Arena not far from the stadium, apparently to attract all the football and college attendees. We have been to one of Jimmy Buffet's restaurants in Las Vegas a few years back for my 50th so knew what to expect. I could stay in there for hours! I don't care for Tequilla, so opted instead for a frozen Strawberry Daquiri and DH tried a Pomegranite Margarita. We watched a Stilted entertainer making balloon parrots and hats for those having a birthday. The inside is decorated like a beach with wooden boats, a double winged plane suspended from the ceiling and big screen tvs playing Jimmy Buffet in Concert! The staff was great. It's a really fun atmosphere. We decided to have a bite of supper, since we weren't going anywhere soon, and that's a good alternative to more margaritas when you have to drive that far home! DH had Jumbalaya, and I had a Mushroom Cheeseburger in Paradise, topped with mushrooms, lettuce and tomato relish. It came with fries and a HUGE 1/2 dill pickle....yummy! We took a stroll around the inside of this complex after supper and watched the dancing fountain for a bit and decided to go, thinking that most of the traffic should be done......wrong answer! It was 6:45 and by the time I got about even with the downtown Phoenix area and the Sky Harbor Airport....OMG!!!!! It was bumper to bumper and solid red lights as far as I could see!!! I kept my patience at an even level and remained alert for the rest of the trip home, clear to our exit! DH said he just couldn't figure out where all those people were going ....away from Phoenix! This trip also made me re examine the route I was mapping for our move out of here. Now, we've done that route several times, both in the coach and just the Suburban, but was talking to a fellow this morning, who said he takes I 8 and misses Phoenix altogether, and I am thinking that may be a good idea.....also covering another route that we've never been before! I have DH gone with bedding washing at the laundry room, and I am washing a load or two here with my new Washer/Dryer that I haven't hardly used. The fur kids wanted to sit in their kennel in the car...I didn't have the heart to tell them we aren't going anywhere today. Bunky is playing tonight in the clubhouse. He is playing at several places around here about every day now....lounges and other Resorts, so we're pretty lucky to have him here at his home base..... We will go up and listen to him a little. Another really nice day today. Mid 70s and a little breeze to keep it nice. Just another day close to Paradise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment