Sunday, March 29, 2009

Our Last Weekend at Desert Valley



Time is really starting to move fast. I'm not going to get everything done here in the valley that I had planned, so we'll just have to come back next year! I have a list. We had a going away BBQ - Potluck last night. Started at 4 p.m. for Happy Hour and Appetizers outside around the fire pits and the Umbrellas. One of our Rangers Grilled Hamburgers and Brats. Everybody brought something, I brought Cherry Cheesecake. We moved inside to eat and Bunky- our one man band from Nebraska played his easy listening music for us through dinner. Little did he know, that there were some presentations to be made in his honor! After supper we all sat back and let the fun begin! The Stitch and Bitch girls made him a really neat quilt and Teddy Bear to match! He cried. They made that quilt right in front of him while he practiced and he thought it was for someone else! Another couple compiled a picture book of all the different couples and different events we've had. We all got to write a note and our addresses for him, and another gal here that sings, wrote him a song about his music and what he has meant to us here. She also framed a copy of the words for him. She sang that. We then adjourned back to the fire pits outside and sat around and reminisced and exchanged cards and addresses. This place is really quiet and more leaving every day. I'm glad we are getting to go too. I have the hitch itch and it's time to move. Am glad we came home at 9:30 because I got up at 6:00 and headed out to use the dri wash and guard on the coach from top to bottom and wanted to get the south side done before the sun came up....which I did and actually I got almost all the way around. Up and down off the ladder is usually not my job, but couldn't have DH doin it. Washed and bleached the rags so I'm ready for tomorrow. Finally quit this afternoon because the wind came up. I put all our chairs and equipment away and we're kinda rockin and rollin tonight watching Funniest Home Videos. DH took it easy today and watched movies. We will watch Celebrity Apprentice tonight. I've kinda got hooked on that show. The dogs have had their supper and walks. Kaycee is on the couch whining. I could go to bed I'm so tired! With the dust blowing again tonight, I'll have some more wiping tomorrow! I have some shopping to do yet...and I'm going to try to get a haircut before we leave. I got the name of someone that cuts a gals hair here that I really like, so I think I'll give her a try! We've made quite a few friends here, and it'll be good to see them all again next year! I have a route mapped out for going up to Boulder City Nevada. We will stop in the big town of Ehrenberg AZ for the night on Wednesday and then continue on the next day to Boulder City. I think we'll be hanging out in Nevada about a month and then on over to California and from there we will make our way across the country to Nebraska for the birth of our latest Grandbabies....I have a feeling that the summer is really gonna fly by. I don't know where the past 3 months have gone! Seems like we just got here!

No comments:

Post a Comment