Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cross Off One More on the Bucket List


We were really fortunate to be here this week and to be able to attend an Antique Car Show at the John Force Racing Complex. Located only a couple of miles from here, the show was from 4 til 7 Saturday afternoon. They use all of the parking area clear around the whole facility for the cars, the museum and shop are open to the public the 3rd Saturday of every month and if there would be special events. Outside of those times it is closed to the public. We went and had a very good time. They even had a food and drink cart and the Gift Shop was open. The weather cooperated and was a beautiful day. A lot of the old cars were a real walk down memory lane for me, some of the models and years I had owned and ridden in, and then some of them were just plain eye candy! I enjoyed the walk through the museum and seeing all of the trophys and awards that John Force and the team has acquired through the years. His
shop is so clean you could eat off the floor! You couldn't guess that they work on Race Cars there. The grounds and parking area are also well groomed. It was a very fun afternoon and was free to boot, which works with my sight seeing budget! He really gives back to the community and his fans. Tomorrow morning we set off for San Diego and the Zoo. Just one more check mark for my bucket list. I need to have my animal fix. At some point this week I want another trip to the beach. Hope it's warm enough to set up a chair and just veg out...then it will be time to move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment