Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's Snowing in Desert Valley!






April Fools! Hard to believe that it's April 1st. We left our friends at Desert Valley RV Resort this morning around 10:00 a.m., headed west on I 8 to Gila Bend Arizona. (I drove from our site to the front gate! Not ready to go out of the road however!) The traffic was light and we avoided Phoenix madness all together! Nice.... Not a bad road at all. There were very light breezes and only one wind related issue came up on the trip. We headed North on State Hwy 85 out of Gila Bend and it was some two lane and other 4 lane road. The "Up Antenna" light came on and as we continued on I 10 west at Buckeye, we stopped at a rest area, where DH climbed up on top and discovered that the bungee cord that had held the antenna in place had broken, and it was actually up quite a bit! I wonder how many folks saw that and wanted to stop and tell us! No damage or problem....we spotted a bent hanger on the ground and I threw it up to him and he really fastened it down this time...now I get a pause to walk to the river here at the River Breeze resort in Ehrenberg...where we pulled in about 2 p.m. Back later. OK I'm back now....nice walk to the river. They gave me a sack of goldfish crackers to feed a Duck with a topknot named Elvis. About 5 ducks came for treats...it was kinda fun. Checked out the route we will take with the Coach in the morning. It's paved here...but really narrow little roads down by the river. Will be an adventure leaving I'm sure! I had an impulse yesterday...cut my hair really short, got a new style and added blonde highlights! It's time for an easy summer cut.... really like it so far. Now I have to get busy and tan my ears and neck.! Pretty white. Time for me to fix supper, I will share some photos with you from today! We only have a little under 200 miles tomorrow. Most up a road by the Colorado River....should be an easy trip....

No comments:

Post a Comment