Thursday, August 5, 2010

Just Like Riding a Bike!

I wondered if Fishing possibly could be like riding a bike, when you haven't done it for a long time, does it all just come back to ya? Well Yes it does....We went to town this morning and visited with the city folks becaise I will get mail at their address, and just as I expected, they are really nice! We then found the car wash and tried it out. I started a pot roast in the crock pot this morning and did a couple loads of laundry, then loaded up the dog and the poles and headed for Hazen Bay at Lake Sakakawea, 15 miles north of here. We drove around checking out the boat docks, bought some nightcrawlers and found a spot. Check out the BBQ grills under water. They've had so much rain that this lake is super full. This picnic site is unaccessible from the road that leads to it, so we are set up as far as you can go. I went about setting up the lawn chairs and getting settled, DH rigged the poles. I started out with my heavy trolling pole that I use to fish from a boat with. Hadn't sat down with it for 10 minutes, had a bite and the line broke and I lost the fish! So I promptly took it back to the car and traded for my new "Ugly Stick" that I got last year for my birthday.
It's much lighter and lighter line. After two or three minutes I had the familiar tap tap tap....ah ha Gotcha!
............Yes it comes back. It was only drum.....I wondered what kind of fish I would get!I played catch and release today. I wanted Walleye, should have prayed harder to the Walleye Gods, but that's yet to come. I think I had a biggie on later and he got away too. It's a tricky place to fish. Lots of weeds and rocks....but ah yes...........it does come back to ya. I am planning on getting up early and washing the outside of the coach. I would rather just go fishing again!
That will be the second item on the agenda tomorrow! Maybe DH will catch a fish next time too!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment