Friday, November 12, 2010

Hunting and Hibernating

DH is busy with the first one, and I'm handling the hibernating part! The weather here is a lot colder now. We dodged a big snow bullet, as it was forecast for last night and I got up this morning expecting a white ground but was pleasantly suprised to find that it missed us.
We did however get a nice rain last night and we need the moisture here, it's been really dry the last couple of months. I'm not ready for dreary days like it has been today, and is very chilly.
It makes me want to curl up in a blanket and I don't get anything done. Corn harvest is officially over, and the hunting season for Pheasant is in full swing. This is DH and our friend from CO. The little dog is his King Charles Spaniel, Henry. DH won't admit it, but he is quite partial to this little fella! Every picture I have seen, he's holding Henry! Deer season opens in the morning and my son will be in his blind before first light.
DH and KayCee are busy hunting with my oldest son at Dan's brothers place so I have a weekend of peace and quiet. The last couple of weeks have been tedious ones as I've had dentist appointments a week apart and am so glad that's over as I want to feel like doing things again. I need to get busy and create the yearly Pheasant recipe, but haven't felt like it. Today I baked cookies in my new oven and trying to get used to it. I'm heading out to do a little shopping tomorrow. Everybody is boasting big sales like black friday. I did the black friday shopping thing once a couple of years ago, and won't do that again! I can't believe how crazy some people are. This time here in Nebraska hasn't been all fun and games, as we've really been busy going through drawers, nooks and crannys and getting rid of old papers and junk. DH has shredded 20+ Walmart bags full of old paper. I dismantled my old office. Now that I'm not working and I have a laptop that's portable, I don't use my office only to collect stuff. I can't believe I've saved all this! Trying to get the boys to take their stuff home that I've saved for them...and that's like pulling teeth! Stuff is the nice word! So far no luck. Several small repairs inside are in the works and by the time we go to Yuma, I will be ready for a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment