Sunday, December 5, 2010

Endings and Beginnings

Pretty quiet on the home front these days. We attended one of our Grandson's Christmas Music and P.E. Program. He is in the 3rd grade.
It was interesting to see how they combine different activities now and back when our kids were in school all we did was stand there and sing. They really had fun and it was more enjoyable for the spectators. Our Granddaughter Addison kept us entertained all evening too! She wanted to go down and help Jaron juggle in the worst way! He doesn't like to sing, but he sure can perform! !

This week here it was announced that we would lose our Duckwalls store. I am sad, this is one of the only stores left in town and it was nice. Kind of a small Walmart. The future of this community is becoming more uncertain, thank you recession and downed economy. We lost yet another important person in our community this week. An employee of our convenience store passed away. Pat was always friendly and helpful and she had lived in this town as long as I can remember. We are most definitely seeing an end to a generation and it's sad. I hate to see all these endings. On she beginnings front, it's a mere 20 days until Christmas and 21 days until we hit the road again. I'm starting to gather, organize and store things away. I spent the day yesterday fixing a complete Thanksgiving dinner...nevermind that it was a week or two late. I didn't have any left overs and found a recipe for a brined turkey, soaked in Apple Cider, Salt, sage and vegatables for 3 days, then dried off, rubbed with butter and seasonings and roasted. Not difficult and it is delicious. After all that work we spent the evening watching the Cornhuskers play in their final Big 12 Championship game against Oklahoma. A really close game and the Huskers didn't perservere in the end. The only word I have for that is Frustrating....Good game Boomer Sooners! They played the Oklahoma Fight song so much I woke up with that in my head....now it's time to move on. I have almost 60 days until NHRA Racing begins. The first race of the season, the Winter Nationsls are in Pamona California, and I may go that weekend. DH likes the motorcycles and I like Thunder Alley and the smell of Nitro in the morning! I'm looking forward to our next adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment