Saturday, December 11, 2010

Wind is Definitely NOT My Friend!

I wonder if anybody has ever gone crazy from listening to the wind blow? Well let me tell ya, I think I'm pretty close! We have had severe winds and gusts up in the 50mph range today...all day! I'm getting pretty sick of listening to it. It was about 19 degrees this morning and the others in this house went hunting anyway. I think they are already crazy. They didn't get any birds, and I thought they would probably end up in Kansas for sure. I took a trip around town to do some errands, and on the way back home I had to dodge a big red plastic box blowing through the air! I didn't stick my nose out the rest of the day. It's getting a little (lot) too cold for me now. Temps are dropping lower and lower at night. Down to 7 tonight and maybe 3 in the morning. It's hard to believe that a friend and I went shopping on the 10th of December and didn't wear coats! It was a beautiful day. I am starting to track the weather patterns and I'm holding my breath that things remain calm from Colorado south, so we can make a run for it. If the winds blow like today, we won't move. Too many things get broke and it's too expensive for my liking, it's easier to sit it out. I'm hoping we don't have to back track to the east and then south to avoid Raton pass...but if we do, it'll take us into Amarillo and I kinda like to stop there anyway! Our schedule is pretty full from now to the 25th. We got all new tires on the Suburban on Friday and have an appointment to get some issues repaired on Tuesday next week...just another thing to check off my list. Getting my ducks in a row! I have baking to do for the next few days and a little shopping to finish up. I won't attempt stores on the weekends now, they're much too crazy. DH is getting a new toy if I can sneak away long enough. (shhh!!)He's fascinated by these remote control helicopters that he's seen in the mall....and I figure it's something you get someone who has everything!An inside toy. Me? I'm wishing for an I Pad and a Kayak!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment