Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Life at The Palms

This morning DH went golfing and I decided to walk around the park. The sun was just coming up and the streets were still quiet. I am amazed at the amount of building that is going on here in this community, and not sure that I understand the concept but the ammenities here are wonderful and it is a very safe secure community.
There are some pretty fantastic looking structures, and then some rather ordinary ones.
The Palms is a park that is very versitile, where you can buy a lot just for your motorhome or 5th wheel, you can have a small "Casita" on the side just for storage and maybe a bathroom.
Then there are those that are bigger living spaces and garages. I have gone around and picked out my favorites, however, I think if you were going to put this much money and work down for a few months, I would look at other real estate here. We drove around a neighborhood a couple of days ago that had some very beautiful homes and when I'm done running around the country, I could be happy in Yuma.
We would have to do the exact opposite that we do to get away from the cold, and get away from the heat of the summer! I will share some pics of some of my favorites here, and the beautiful grounds.
We finally met up with some more folks that we had never met from our Escapees Retirement Class of '08. We had a nice visit with them and will be getting together more in the coming week for our reunion. Tomorrow we will meet up at the Outdoor Marketplace that is just down the street. That place has many vendors and you can get anything and everything. I wouldn't call it a Swap meet, because most of the stuff there is new. There has been a little more air activity lately with jets and helicopters from the Marine Corp Air Station about a half mile from here. They are having an open house with tours and fly overs in a couple of weeks and I'm looking forward to that. Seems like jets are not the only thing flying, time is also flying. I have to get serious about planning a trip to Quartzsite Arizona to the huge RV gathering up there before the end of the month. The first part of February we will be going to California for a few days. I have a feeling this three months is just going to "FLY" right by.

No comments:

Post a Comment