Monday, December 5, 2011

Winter Wonderland on the Plains

The pictures of sunrise and snow are fantastic this time of year.
I have some pretty awesome views at 6 am. We have our first measurable snowfall. It snowed here most of the day Saturday leaving us with about 5 inches total. The wind was minimal and so it fell pretty even.

What I can't handle at this point is the cold that came along with it! As it was coming to an end, DH couldn't hardly contain himself and fired up the snow blower to clear our sidewalks and driveway.

It started right up, even after no use for two years! Sunday morning he loaded up KayCee and took off to meet some buddies in South Dakota for some serious Pheasant Hunting.

I went out to clean off my car and the maintainer came up the street and buried the top of the driveway, so I got my scoop and scooped that out so that it didn't melt a little and become hard.
Better than lifting weights! So was planning on sitting around moping by myself and hibernating to keep warm, when a friend called and needed help with data entry for an auction, so off I went and spent the afternoon doing that! A nice break and diversion from missing my family!

Today I have spent some serious recliner time covered up with my double fleece blanket! It will dip down in the single digits tonight, with not much relief for a few days. The word from the weatherman tonight is temps of -5 for tonight. Brrr. I wanted to share some of these pictures with you all that miss this winter white stuff! ha ha ha ha or to remind ya of why you stay away from it! I know I'm going to appreciate the warm Arizona sunshine a whole lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment