Monday, July 6, 2009

German Family Style Dinner

Trying to tie loose ends up today and getting ready to end our visit to the Amana Colonies. 6 a.m. came too early this morning, and we were on the road to the golf course a little after 7. I made a trip to the local bakery and came back to the RV Park and played with the house Frau for a while. Read my book and did all the laundry. The mail got here, so then I had some bookwork to do and by then it was time to go back to the golf course. Picked up DH and we continued on to West Amana to look for the Giant Rocker and checked out the Basket and Broom shop. That is one big chair! I found some new craft ideas in the General Store in High Amana. We went to the next town over, Marengo.. got my hair trimmed and found the grocery store for some odds and ends. We went to the Brick Haus Restaurant for supper. A traditional German Meal Kitchen that serves all their meals Family Style. I was amazed at the amount of food that they just kept bringing!!!! Never in a million years could we have eaten all that....oh yes, dessert and drink included! I can't believe that the locals don't all weigh 500 pounds if they eat like that every day! It was really good, but I don't think I need to see cottage cheese and sourkraut anytime soon. Our plans have changed and the appointment at Cummins is at 9 a.m. so yet another early morning this week. I'll probably crash and burn tomorrow night. I don't do early well anymore! Hope they get it fixed in one visit, but I'm not going to hold my breath. There's one more Family Restaurant downtown we haven't been in and we'll get to that tomorrow night I imagine! Will load Pics tomorrow, somehow I messed that up now too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment