Friday, July 10, 2009

We're Free!!!!



I feel like I just got out of prison. They finally got it in a bay and finished up. There was a nice lawn for KayCee to play in and they were really nice to us. We were sprung from the clutches of the mechanics around 4:30 and headed north to Earlville, IA. Ran the generator all the way up here, and it runs fine. The wallet is over $700 lighter...our continued service plan paid the rest. It was an easy trip and on the way up here driving through Ryan, IA we spotted an odd water tower. It's shaped like a Space Ship! Got a picture of that! We are staying at a little RV Park by the Tri State Raceway.....(you guessed it.....a 1/4 mile drag strip!) Pulled in and spotted the NHRA sign at the gate. I told them when we checked in that the noise of the races wouldn't bother me at all, since I'm used to it! Actually used to a lot bigger than this. I even have my earplugs handy! Don't think they have any Nitro Fuel or Alcohol Dragsters, just Super Comp...but some pretty good sized racing trailers are already in the pit area. They are racin Saturday and Sunday, but she said they would be done by 5 because they don't have lights. We got all set up and I fixed supper. Tomorrow we will drive over to Dyersville to the baseball field and maybe on into Dubuque before the days done. My Hellanova boys are playing a mini tour this weekend promoting their new CD. Tonight they're in Ft. Collins Colorado, and tomorrow night they play in Denver. Not bad for a little Hastings NE based band. I told him to give 'em Hell! ----ANova!

No comments:

Post a Comment