Sunday, December 13, 2009

Foggy and Slick Tonight

Another bit of bad weather. Planning on a shopping trip in the morning, but may not get an early start if it's slick like they say it is now. Have had a busy few days. Spent all of today and another day,baking cookies and Banana Bread for Christmas. Am getting into the swing of it now and almost done. I had Grandkids down yesterday for a day of sledding on our Golf Course. I fixed them lunch, chili and hot chocolate. They came back later cold wet and hungry, so we had more hot chocolate and desserts. Tonight I am tired. 4 loaves of Banana Bread, pan of Raspberry Almond Bars. Baked Tilapia, Hashbrown Casserole and Mixed Veggies for supper. I fell like an Alcoholic at a Vodka Convention!LOL. Trying to be good and stay on track after 20 lbs. down and I have to be around all this food! Go figure. We're getting ready to make our way to Omaha on Wednesday. My dog isn't acting like her happy self, so will make an appointment for her to go to the vet for a check up on Tuesday. She has lost 9 lbs. and didn't need to. Probably from Hunting so hard, but something that worries me anyway. She doesn't have much energy. We may have to give her vitamins and a beefed up food. Watching a program on National Geographic Explorer about the Iraq War and they are using pics and footage from '03. Wow bad memories of feelings when a loved one in Harms way and the way I would drink in every bit of news 8 hrs a day. Fox News was my friend. So many bad things. Word was today that Heavy Troop Deployment from Nebraska in 2010. They no doubt will be headed for Afghanistan. Hope they get this overwith.

No comments:

Post a Comment