Saturday, December 26, 2009

Snowed In for Christmas

The two boys and families made it. The girls and families did not.
We're snowed in yet this morning, the day after.
We had a good time yesterday with lots of food and gifts and fun....however.....with our bunch there's never a dull moment! After the meeting room was cleaned up, I crashed and was awakened at 4 a.m. by someone yelling for help. My littlist Granddaughter spiked a temp, was having seizures and we had to call an ambulance!
Having 2 EMTs in the family helped. Oh boy, red lights and cops in the middle of the night in a blizzard. I bet we woke up this whole wing. I locked myself out of our room barefooted and in my nightgown..!They got to bring her home with medicine and the fever is down. Sinus Infection.
Needless to say have been up all night. Put on DH's boots and scooped a path for the dog this morning. We are going nowhere today. Maybe walk next door to the Steakhouse for lunch later.
The roads are still closed to the east and the crazy kids still think they're going to Michigan. Quite a few stranded here now. Merry Christmas. May go a little stir crazy and hoping there's a nap here somewhere today! It's over. I need to go get more Tylenol, I hurt everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment