Saturday, June 12, 2010

Buffalo Wyoming

We arrived at our destination today about noon. I was plenty ready to leave the Fort Caspar Campground this morning when we got up. It rained steadily all night and even though the surface of the whole campground was rocks....there was ponding all around and it was making me a little nervous. That is a nice little park for an overnight stay, but not any more than that. It rained on us all the way up here, minus about the last 5 miles, and then as soon as we were guided to our site, it started raining again. DH has spent most of the day in his rain suit. Glad he has it! We have a huge, grass site complete with a cement patio and picnic table
Right when we pulled in, there was a deer grazing in our site....something that isn't uncommon and I hear there's turkeys too. I'm glad we don't have to worry about storms and tornadoes, just rain and I hope it quits one of these days.
At least we aren't in a flood plain now. There's lots of things to see and learn about in this area of the Bighorn Mtns. I think we'll enjoy this stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment