Wednesday, November 16, 2011

First Snow of the Season

We woke up this morning to this scene. The weather words were: Cold and Blustery. I found the description to be a little different than that!
Crisp and Serene is more fitting. The ground is covered and it has stopped, but it came down so nicely with no wind that it was truly beautiful as the sun was coming up. I am glad that it waited to do this today instead of yesterday, because it was my day to go to the Nebraska TV station about 45 minutes away and do a cooking segment on the Good Life Show.

I have done this a few times. When I was still working it was good advertisement for my business. Now they have me on for a bit of variety. They have a couple of working chefs that appear, but many folks around here like to have some down home recipes and basic cooking techniques and tips. While mostly I have done taped segments that can be edited before they are aired, yesterday was live tv, and I am not quite as comfortable.

I didn't rehearse and my time was switched to the beginning, but we got through it, and they had calls for my recipes at the end of the show, so I guess it turned out o.k. One of the hosts is a friend of mine, and she thought it was a good time, I'm not so sure! I felt like my brains were scrambled like the eggs! It's amazing how easy they make it look, not so! We have a few friends at that station, and it's always good to see them.

It is truly an inside day for me! I'm going to test out the recipe that I will do for them on the 7th of December. She asked me back for one more visit. I will try to find the link to the segment on their website and share it with you if I can! The snow flakes are falling so quietly. Straight down. Kinda looks like a scene from Currier & Ives. I am getting all of my traveling photos transferred to CDs and soon will have them off of this computer, so I have room for more! Time is ticking away. I have been elected to make the Stuffing for Thanksgiving Dinner. Just a little stuffing....for 45 people!~So next week there's gonna be some bread slingin! around here! It's a good thing I have a program that will convert my amounts - Cause right now I don't wanna know! Hope everyone is stayin nice a cozy warm! My DH is off getting one of my "honey Do's" accomplished. He does much better when I call it his "project" so we'll see how it will end up! I'm sure I will be pleased!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed watching you on tv. We have a lot to talk about and many recipes to share. Enjoy your snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you make? Is that it sitting on the pedestal plate?

    ReplyDelete