Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Waiting for a Snow Storm

This afternoon I am taking a break. A break from the kitchen and a break from entertaining. It's been a long ten days! It's a different kind of quiet. Since last Thursday, I have been getting up at 5 am, cooking breakfast, and I have been cooking supper too...By the time I clean up the mess it's 10 pm. This morning, my wonderful hunting Shorthair decided to be sick at 4 am...and so there wasn't anymore sleep after that!

She's tired and sore and needs a break too. I just wish she didn't go out in the field and eat green wheat stalks during the day that upset her stomach! The weather man has been forcasting and threatening us with a major snow and blow for two or three days, and so far it still isn't here.The leaves are still not off of the bushes I planted or all of the trees.

I am so ready, patiently waiting and will be so relieved if it gives up and doesn't arrive at all! Our last group of hunters from Colorado and Arizona left this morning after breakfast. They are headed to DIA to put the one guy on a flight back to Phoenix. I think what storm there is, is out that way and hope they don't have too much of a difficult trip. I got a neat little device the other day that is allowing me to use my little camera again. It's an SD Card reader that downloads pictures on an SD Card with a USB connection. It has been just the ticket for me to get the pictures off my Easy Share. So that was a welcome fix. I happened to see this deer out my back door the other day. I love the fall mornings. They are my favorite. You never know what you'll see on the golf course!
Today I was watching our local information show called "The Good Life" and was asked over the air to come and do an appearance. I have done that in the past, when I was in the Catering Business and a Personal Chef, so now I will need to get busy and create something good to share with everybody. That's after a break. An empty table for a while.
I have a couple of new ideas that I have been working on, and have a special pan ordered for one thing..after I test it out, I may do that. Or I will create something with left overs and either Pheasant or Elk. What ever it turns out to be, it's kinda fun as I have several friends at the TV Station and it's good to see them! Thursday if the weather is good, I will be taking a trip down into Kansas to visit a new Cooking store and a new restaurant for lunch. Friday DH takes my wonderful dog and goes to Colorado hunting with our son and his brother for the weekend. My time for a weekend with a girlfriend, going to another one Whiskey Richard's shows in Kearney NE. Time is going pretty fast. Turkey Day is just around the corner.

2 comments:

  1. Personal Chef? How could I have missed that? I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I was sure I told ya that last winter! I studied and have a Culinary Degree...I used it for a couple years. Now just TV stuff once in a while, and mostly catering for personal events and for friends and the Fire Department.

    ReplyDelete