Sunday, October 11, 2009

It's Been a Long Week

We made our way across Kansas on I70,amid the wind and oil wells along the way, headed toward the barn to put Betsy away for a while.
It's nice to have a heated building and the owner to start her every 2 weeks while we are gone. We eliminate the need to winterize.
Thursday we arrived at Colby, had a 1:00 appointment at the Cummins dealer for service. Over $800.00 later we ran on down the road to Goodland and pulled into the campground amidst great big flakes of snow! I have relatives in Goodland, mostly in the cemetary, but didn't take time out this trip to see them! In following the weather forcasts all week I knew that Friday was going to be the only clear shot we had to get to Fountain and the storage before it got rotten for several days, and I decided to take a run for it. I was almost afraid to look out Friday morning, fearing it would be all white, but luck was with us and not a flake on the ground, so we packed and stowed, cleaned and dumped and made the 3 hour trip to Fountain by late afternoon. I broke a few of my "Cardinal" Rules that day. I don't like to travel after dark but we wanted to get to Nebraska before the storm, so we left Co. Springs after getting Betsy tucked in and drove the 6 hrs. in the dark, and made it home at 1:30 a.m., just in time for it to start snowing! Am I nuts? I hate cold! The only good thing about this is I can wear my John Force Racing Coat~!LOL After unloading we got to bed about 3:30 a.m. and up early. Had a boatload of stuff to arrange and put away, didn't have any food so went out to eat and drove to Kearney NE
to Copperfields, where my son's band was playing. We walked in and suprised him! Once again getting home at 2:00 a.m. this morning! I got a lot done today, am exhausted. DH can't get the DVR hooked back up correctly, so will have to call some place for help tomorrow. Things are arranged and finally got some food, so will be able to stay home and eat, maybe make up for some of that maintenance expense. KayCee got a bath in the real bathtub today, and she's curled up by me on the couch. Now I have a clean spoiled brat!
Its foggy, light fine snow, my deck is covered, and it's time for the week's racing finals from PA. With only 3 races left I don't want to miss them. Glad I don't have to follow a schedule for a while or worry about driving in the wind and weather. We drove in wind every day this week except for Friday. Posts may not be as interesting or picturesque from here for a while. I will just have to try to keep up. Things here are pretty much as we left them, and it will be good seeing family and friends. Now if we can just get these electronics mastered..... my football team - Denver Broncos just went 5 - 0! Yea team!!! Pretty awesome year for their new young coach!

No comments:

Post a Comment