Friday, October 2, 2009

The Wind blows and We Rock

This energy thing! The wind can make things go....and the wind can also make things stop! Like us.
45 mph wind gusts aren't anything I want to go out and experience. Too many things break and repairs too costly. One event last year cost us an a/c cover and a new windshield. Thanks to the bird that couldn't motor in 50mph gusts! Several Rigs came off the road late this morning and showed up without reservations. This little park is almost full. Today I used my time grouping, making lists and arranging some things to make it easier to pack up and move out for a while. We measured for new front wrap around drapes. It was even too windy to go out and finish the polishing we have left. We drove around town some more and got in on the Homecoming Parade. We stopped in to the Vineyard Farm and Home store and I bought some more packages of "Fresh Cab" scent packages that repels mice during storage of an rv or Semi. We used them last year and had no signs of rodents, so will repeat that process. This evening the wind has gone down.
It's nice and peaceful here tonight. DH finishing a book about Branson and I took the time for a nice long hot shower. Gotta love my Aqua Hot Hydronic Heating System. I never run out of hot water as long as I have water, and I have 100 gal on board. I much prefer that to going to the public bath house. We got word that our good friend, musician/producer is back at the old winter stomping grounds..Desert Valley RV Resort. Glad to hear he made it safely with his new motorcoach, and I am really looking forward to getting back there myself! The nights are definitely cooler. There's freeze warnings up north in NE tonight. We will try to move out in the morning by 9 a.m. Only about 130 miles to go, and then we will climb in the Sub and go into Topeka and around the area. Slowly making our way north and west. Had a call from a good friend in Falcon Co. and they have moved. She thought we would be heading that way, and we will go out for supper and visit with them a bit when we get to Colo. Springs. Just a few more stops and hopefully we'll slide on into the city before the next storm arrives. They've already had their first snow, so it can come any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment