Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Firsts and Lasts

Well, I've been so blasted busy I haven't had time to sit down and write here. Sorry! We are having a lot of lasts this week,getting ready to move on from our new desert home. This is the first time that I have really been reluctant to leave somewhere, and it's hard!
We got the Coach washed and waxed for the first time by a Detail Service. It looks awesome. Tomorrow was supposed to be blast off day, but due to the weather (more where we are going) and wind here, I decided to hang around and wait it out until Friday. I love being able to write our plans in Jello! It has been getting down to 27at night at Williams AZ and they are having lots of wind. Interstate 40 was closed past there at Flagstaff today and we will pass right through there. Seems like that happens every day or two. I'm not looking forward to leaving 90s and going to 27s and putting another blanket back on the bed! If the weather is yukky we won't get very good pictures nor enjoy the tour of the Grand Canyon anyway. We are going on a tour instead of riding the train up to the canyon. I've heard it's lots better than the train and a lot more personalized. KayCee will go to a Doggie Resort while we are gone. DH and I have had the same cell phones for years. Yesterday, my phone gave it's last effort! I have been eligible to upgrade for a long time but haven't done it because my little phone worked just fine. It gave up and I mentioned that I would go in to Verizon on our last day here since it was just down the street and get a new phone. DH decided he needed one too, so we spent three hours today upgrading phones, and the rest of the day I walked around like a geek with a book in one hand and the phone in the other! I'm getting acquainted. I got an LG enV touch,with a camera and flip out keyboard and touch front screen, and DH got a Cosmos Camera and Keyboard phone. I haven't hardly heard a peep out of DH as he's busy learning to text! They do everything but cook supper for ya. I didn't get a Blackberry because I am around the computer all the time and thought that was overkill. I text to the kids quite a bit, seems I get an answer from them quicker, so I will enjoy the nice keyboard. I just hate to learn anything new and try things for the FIRST time. I did my last loads of laundry in this great facility today. This morning I had a load in and was in the gym first before 7 a.m. thinking it was my last day. I have bought a couple more days now, so will take my time in the gym and in the pool tomorrow. Won't be any swimming in Williams. I hope all the bad storms and tornadoes stay away when we head for Texas and Kansas in a couple of weeks. I don't want to add to the numbers of victims and damages in the Central part of the U.S. The winds came in with a gale at 3:30 this morning and tonight they are a lot lighter, I hope this is the last of them until after we've gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment