Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering....among other things

This morning I got up early and put our flag out. To honor the heroes and remember the victims and their families. I will never forget where I was 8 years ago when the horrible attack on our country happened. I was alone in a hotel suite watching the horrible events unfold on tv. Away from my husband and away from my boys. As the events of that day unfolded to us all, I felt so helpless and all I wanted to do was hug my family and have them close. That day has forever changed us all. Maybe a wake up call, but our country as a whole will never be the same, safe, trustful place again. Do I feel safer? No. And they walk among us always. At any time we could have another attack and we hope and pray that it never happens. My son and many others went to war in a foreign country because of the events of that fateful day. We still haven't caught the mastermind behind that dreadful plan and even if we do, there's lots of evil ones standing in line to take his place. May all of those brave people that lost their lives that day rest in peace and God Bless those that remain behind and continue their memory.

The rest of this day will be uneventful for the three of us. DH is resting and trying to get over his cold. KayCee is napping on the couch and I will get some reading done. Very low key Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment