Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sick and Tired..

That pretty well describes the Brown's at the present. DH is miserable with a cold, I think he's worse today. I had a pain free day yesterday and slept last night, only to wake up today with the same old nagging pain back in my neck and left arm. We woke up to fog this morning, and it finally burnt off to overcast. No more rain today, just gloom. This is the ho-hum in the life of the traveler's. We've reached a point in this season that we're not pressed to tour anything, the shows here can be seen at any time this month, so there's no real hurry to get out and do things. Lots of shopping here, but at have reached a point that we really don't need anything. The walking and exercise and getting acquainted in the different streets and facilities is the focus of this stop. I'm fascinated about how hilly and curvy this city is, and it appears as if they just went around and picked a spot, cleared some trees and inserted things, like parks, condos and local businesses. All of the tourist things are readily available and easy to get to, but the other is a different matter! They're pretty well hidden. We went to the Cinema early this afternoon and got to see "Julie and Julia" A really good show, devoid of blood, gore and only a few swear words. Refreshing for sure. Some of the shows coming up I won't be seeing for fear they will give me nightly nightmares. On the return we picked up our mail and I spent a couple of hours with bills and filing. Got a few monthly publications and so I have some reading to do now. Saw a sign today about flu shots being available at Walgreen's up on the corner, and as soon as we're safely over the crud we will both be getting those. Please everybody do this. Make sure all the kids get them. It's really important now. Last year we waited and got them in Colorado Springs and DH got sick the next day. They say you can't get sick from the shot, but I would swear that was what happened. I was stressed because we were supposed to leave that day, and we couldn't. This year we'll not have an agenda for a few days! Took my camera today and didn't see anything worth shooting, so will try again tomorrow. Hopefully we will go to the old Outlet Mall and look around a bit. Went to a little Italian Eatery for supper last night, and tonight I cooked. Now it's time for my nightly fight with KayCee. She wants me to go to bed and I want to stay up! If I give up, then she wants to come back out here and make Dad go to bed. Some days I think she's more than a dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment