Friday, November 27, 2009

Football Friday

Is always the day after Thanksgiving. Cornhuskers play Colorado. Too tired to get up at the butt crack of dawn and go fight crowds in the city. We slept in and regrouped after a full day of yaking and eating with Family and Friends at Lake Maloney by North Platte NE. I put the pics I took yesterday on Picasa.......www.picasaweb.google.com/mskayndan for those of you who didn't get there. It was an positively beautiful day.
We had Deep Fried Turkey and all the stuff to go with it. My coconut cream pie was a big hit and all the kids played outside all day. I got the chance to take KayCee for a long walk after dinner and DH played cards for most of the afternoon.
We broke out all the food one more time about 6:30 and everybody dug in again.
The neighbors even brought their left overs and joined in on the fun at the Whalen's. Everyone started leaving and we got on the road about 8:00 p.m. I hate to drive after dark, but it actually was an easy run home and I didn't even see any deer! My youngest got a speeding ticket for 40 in a 35 right in town by the I80 exit. Guess they were really on a mission yesterday. Now most kids get tickets for 80+ mph
...no not my son! Gotta love it. When he was just learning to drive he got a warning for impeding traffic by driving too slow...guess it hasn't changed too much. He said he's taking the STOP Class! hahaha There was no traffic there last night, that NSP trooper must have really been hard pressed for something to do. In the meantime 100 lbs of pot probably went skating right through there on the Interstate! Today I'm not only thankful for my friends, family and health, I'm thankful for Buffalo Wings (anything but Turkey) and Nebraska Football. I will take the easy route and do some online black friday shopping and rest up for the Anniversary party that we will attend tomorrow night in Kearney. Haven't seen these people for years, but we were in their wedding and anyone who is with the same person for 30 years has a reason to celebrate survival! 68 degrees and sunny here today. DH and KayCee out hunting with friends from Colorado and I am enjoying the peace and quiet! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!Go Big Red....

No comments:

Post a Comment