Saturday, February 20, 2010

Tired, Drowned Rat!

But Still....a bad day racing is still better than any other, and ya just can't beat Nitro in the morning with yer coffee!
Yep, I'm touched. We got a late start this morning. Drove right into a dirt storm on the way in to the track.
The clouds started building and it starting raining just after they started racing for the day. Everything was suspended. I donned a clear plastic Walmart poncho and still got pretty soaked. We left the track and drove into Chandler for a lunch at Famous Daves BBQ. That was the highlight of the day. Then back to the track just in case they would race a couple runs. The clouds were clearing and it's a good thing we checked, cause they did run a little. We got to see a Pro Stock flip over yesterday and slid towards the end of the track. The driver was 66 years old and climbed out uninjured....thankfully! Then today, it happened again....to another Pro Stock driver. He also walked away. About the same place in the same side of the track. Some kinda wind problem I guess. We left early today. Got KayCee and went to the Chandler dog Park for a while to let the traffic clear a bit.
It's raining here again tonight. The rain gauge tonight said .40 but it might as well have been 4 inches with all the water that's standing around. We will try to get an earlier start in the morning. Tomorrow we have Premier Seating, right in front of the starting line and very close. I have already taken 160 pictures, and they're on my computer...I'm clearing the camera to start over. I swear the Top Fuel and Funny Cars vibrate clear to your very soul! It's sooooo cool. We are having a blast...spending toooo much money and hoping everyone can experience this just once! One more trip to the Nitro Mall and Nitro Alley tomorrow....I hope to get my fill. Sure am keeping my fingers crossed that the rain stays away and everyone has great runs tomorrow. I will sit right there til the end....

No comments:

Post a Comment