Monday, August 24, 2009

Branson Missouri

Hooray! We arrived about noon and got a real down home welcome! I can't get over how polite everyone is here, and how they all want to help you! Yes ma'am, no ma'am and I looked over my shoulder to see who he was talking to! Our site is on a slope and I would have had to use a step stool again, and one of the maintenance guys came rollin up with a J.D. bucket tractor hauling a wooden platform! Works perfectly. We got busy and got all set up. I'm really not a slave driver.
Got the sun screens on, DH put the awning out and when I backed the car in it almost works like a car port. We're pretty protected from the sun all day and no highway noise.
After 4 days right immediatly by the exit for the interstate, I will appreciate the quiet and dark. The welders are getting in trouble for the party they had last night. The park owner came and talked to us before we left this morning. He said there was broken glass all over and they were driving on the grass, plus all kinds a people there not checked in. I'm glad we're not going to be there tonight. DH is in his recliner outside with the dog, a cold beverage and his book. I'll have to motivate him after bit and we'll go for a ride.
Since it's my birthday tomorrow, I got to pick what show we're going to first. When we got settled, I went up and got tickets for "Spirit of the Dance" 8 pm on Wednesday. Think we'll go check out Branson Landing and maybe find out where to rent some Kayaks tomorrow! It's something I've really wanted to try, and I'll either love it or hate it...but at least I'll know one way or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment