Sunday, August 16, 2009

Villa Ridge

Made our trek over here to Villa Ridge today. Not without our usual event! Started the day with trying to make a u turn off of the service road and ran out of room, cross a two lane busy highway! Not easy to back up with a toad on the back,this thing doesn't bend in the middle, and I had my heart in my throat for a bit! Backed up and changed direction and found a turn out down the highway a bit. All was good. It showered off and on all the way in to St. Louis. We finally got here this afternoon in time for a mini storm. I've been pouring over the literature that I have for this area, trying to decide how long to stay here, and then the next stop will be around Springfield and on down to Branson. The first of the day tomorrow I will do some laundry and then we will head off in the afternoon to look at some local things. Tuesday we will go into the city and that will be a long day. Some of you that know me, recall that early on in my life, I was 3, I lived around St. Louis with my parents, as my dad worked for August Busch II. I can remember attending BBQs at the Busch Mansion and spending time in the warehouse with "Uncle Augie" and my folks. My dads brother,uncle Bill also worked there. I am going to go visit the mansion and see if I can find where we used to live! Since my folks are gone, I have no one to help me out with directions and such, but I have pictures of us at the mansion, and I know the name of our landlord where we lived, not far from the stables and pastures for the Clydesdales. May be fruitless, but it may be a hoot too!DH wants to travel up in the Arch. We will search out some good BBQ too. It will be a busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment