Saturday, August 22, 2009

Fun Day!

We ended up driving to Branson today. Wanted to check out the route to the Campground we are staying at. So glad we did...it's way too far south for what we want to do,too far to drive into Branson all the time, so we drove back into town and found another place. Drove around a little. That place has changed a bunch since we were there in 1995! We drove back north on 65 and there's a restaurant called Lambert's Cafe. It is very well known for their hot rolls that get thrown to you across the dining room and the fried okra that they serve on your napkin! It originated in 1942 and is a very down home, family oriented place. It has been on the travel channel on the "Best Places to Pig Out" shows, and I can see why. Tons of food, they had a Prime Rib special today and I'm glad I didn't order that! They say to order light, because of all the extras that they bring, and that's very true! Now ya gotta remember, we're experiencing lots of new things and goin' places we've never been before. I am still full tonight and we ate at 2 p.m.! I can't believe that place! It's definitely worth a stop. We continued on over to Bass Pro Shops, and that's somewhere we stopped in 1995 when it was brand new, and they are completely remodeling it now. Lots of people there today, didn't see anything I couldn't live without. Stopped at Wally when we got back to Marshfield, and that's where I spent a little money, the story of my life! Tomorrow I will get out and do a little work on the outside. Tonight it's just a little crisp out. I think there's almost a little fall in the air. When the sun goes down, it really cools off. It was an absolute beautiful day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment