Monday, August 17, 2009

Rain Rain Rain

There's chances of rain all week and so far that's all it's done today! I got chores done this morning, but not before a hitch in the plan. Had everything loaded to go to the laundry room and the Sub wouldn't start! Deader than a doornail! I don't know what's up with that, but DH found someone to give us a jump and it seems better now. We finally headed off into Eureka to find some lunch. Tried some award winning Smokin Joes BBQ.. hit an auto parts and bought a new battery charger. Had talked to youngest son today and he's had a revelation about the 40 year anniversary of Woodstock. He finally gets it! Hooray!! He's threatening to go get all my old albums and my turntable. So I bought him a bunch of Janis Joplin, Deep Purple and CCR 40th anniversary CDs. He finally admitted that no one plays music that good anymore! I've been trying to tell him that for a long time. As I posted on Facebook. Reflecting back 40 years and remembering where we were 40 years ago Sat. Night. I remember although I wasn't at Woodstock, I know where I was! At a radio station in Denver Colorado being a Woodstock wanna be! Anyway, it's great to hear some of these young musicians finally pay homage to the old ones and truly appreciate their art. The days of black lipstick and head bangin are numbered! Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment