Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A little Rest and A little Fishin'




We are about rested up. We spent the day in Kearney yesterday meeting our new Grandbabies. They still are pretty little, but growing right along. I don't know if they will make it out of the hospital before we leave or not. We also stopped in and visited with DH's friend that was in the severe car accident. He really has a long road ahead of him and is just fortunate to be here. It rained yesterday on our way up to Kearney, and I got a rock thrown into the windshield, so set that up to be fixed this week. Then on the way home I hit a pheasant almost full front on, lucked out and it didn't break anything...whew!! I did all kinds of mundane tasks today while I sent DH off to the water's edge to attempt to snag some walleye. We ended up with Grilled Tri Tip for supper, so that tells the story! The big ones aren't biting. Plenty of action on small fish in several varieties, and kept his interest for most of the day. There were several other guys down there fishing too so he had someone to talk to. We're gonna have to move from this site before we want to leave this area, so I walked around a little today looking for a place to move to. Think we have that one figured out. I did get this site booked through the 18th and I will have the camphosts here help me with the rest. Spent some time looking forward and coming up with a plan for our next move. Our plans from now through the fall are written in jello, but I have the next state narrowed down and some of the things we want to visit. Don't know what the plans are for the rest of the week here....except DH will play golf with a former work colleague on Saturday and we will visit the twins again on Sunday. The rest of the kids and Grandkids are pretty busy this week. Youngest son and band plays in Manhattan KS this weekend. I would have went to it if it had been last weekend when we were in Topeka! Otherwise, I'm pretty well set with supplies and KayCee and I will just be hangin out!

No comments:

Post a Comment