Monday, June 15, 2009

Missing the Heart Attack Grill

I'm already going a little stir crazy! Haven't hardly taken my eyes off of KayCee all weekend. The good news is that she is doing a little better. She isn't eating much but just enough to offset all the medication that I poke down her. At night I sleep with one eye and ear open and if her collar rattles, I'm up! Her last meds are at 11:30 p.m. , my drag race finals were on and a storm was headed this way, so I stayed up way too late. As it turned out we just got a nice rain, which was a relief. Hail and wind is not my friend! Always worried about damage to this coach, especially now that the parent company isn't operational now, and it would be very difficult to get repairs. I had a note from a friend this morning, that he is starting a blog too. I'm pleased to know that I can be a positive influence, however so small, and that some of my ramblings may provide bits and pieces of useful information, and a little entertainment! Another friend said she is living her dream through our travels and this blog. I like to touch base with family and friends through this outlet and it's what I've chosen to replace crochet and quilting in the winter~! LOL A person can only watch and listen to so much gloom and doom on the news, and this is my way of reporting on reality in the world of full time RVing.

Sunday morning on CBS has a weekly feature piece on unique and different places to visit and it is hosted by Bill Geist. Yesterday he was at the Heart Attack Grill in Chandler AZ. It just so happens that we have eaten there. It is in a little shopping mall where I get my hair cut in the winter, and not far from the dog park with the agility course! Last year when we drove by, I would note that we would have to eat there one day, but then when we started to enter, and I saw the scantily clad "Nurses" I turned to DH and asked "Are ya sure you want to eat here?" thinking it was sleazy! We continued on in, and were pleasantly suprised. The food by today's standards is absolutely not good for you, but by far the best cheeseburger I have ever tasted!
We just had singles, but if you try a quad, they wheel you out in a wheelchair. I got a tour of the kitchen and met the "Doctor" (owner) and now I find myself comparing every burger I have to that place! We will definitely go back again! It's funny that something like that would make me miss Arizona but it does....and now that it's made TV...it'll probably not be so easy to get into! Go figure.......
P.S.

I guess everyone else in my family had a fun weekend in Oxford. Another Turkey Days bites the dust. I just don't miss that anymore. It was the first time I've missed seein' my Hellanova boys play there. They are headed to do an opening show for David Allen Coe the end of the month, so we may go to that. You never know where we'll turn up!!! TTYL........

No comments:

Post a Comment