Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mosquitos and Storm Warnings!

Today has been a really hot and muggy day! It got up to 87 here at the lake and ya can't hardly breathe! Storms are firing up all around, mostly northeast of here for now, but that's not saying we won't have any later on. The youngest was out spotting for the Fire Dept. on Monday night in Minden NE and spotted two tornadoes on the ground. Some trees got uprooted in town and that was all....thank you. Tis the season and those of us from around here has learned to just deal with it. Got up at 6 a.m. this morning to get our little hook eater back to the vet one more time. She's a lot better and they seemed to be pleased with her progress. As long as she continues to improve, we have the green light to go, so we will not have to alter our plans like I had originally thought. She turns her nose up at the blended food I've been offering, but swallows foreign objects! Dumb. We won't trade her in just the same. We stopped in at a laundry today and I washed all of our bedding. I'm not a fan of public laundry, but I do like getting it all done in a short period of time. Don't know where all this energy comes from some days, but now I'm ready to go to bed! Some guy just caught a walleye big enough to measure so right after supper DH grabbed the worms and poles and took off to the south almost on a dead run!!! OMG! we aren't going to have a fish caught with out him!!!! Wish he would get enough to cook! Newsflash- I did cook supper tonight! We are going to brave the elements (heat & humidity) and go for a little walk around here pretty soon. We both (KayCee & I) could use the exercise. Hope the mosquitos aren't out bad enough to carry us away. Killed a big one in our bedroom today. I about panic since DH had West Nile a couple of years ago. It's a scary thing. I got my electric bug zapper out that looks like a tennis racket and fixed him good! When one sees these contraptions, you could think it was just a joke, but they really do work and is quite fun in a sadistic sort of way! I don't mind frying a few pests once in a while, it works as a stress reliever of sorts!LOL. Update: back from our walk and there's enough of a breeze we didn't get bothered with bugs. I will continue to watch the storm reports on the tv tonight. We did invest in a weather radio this spring, since this is the first time in 35 years we are without Fire Dept. radios for alert. I keep the radio by the bed and it's alarms have gone off several times. You want to program in the NOAA numbers the county provides and you should have adequate warning for bad weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment