Thursday, June 11, 2009

Today is a pretty dark day here in Harlan County. The view out over the lake is totally fog. Our lil' KayCee is having major surgery! She has been urping the last couple of days, and DH took her to the vet this morning. They did bloodwork and xrays, and she has swallowed a treble fishing hook! So much for letting her hang out on the rocks with DH while he fishes!!!! The last time I took her to the vet with a problem, they did surgery on her leg, where she had impalled a piece of a corn stock into her leg while hunting. I ended up with dressing changes and drain tubes for over a month. My trip to Kansas City for New Year's was ruined and I ended up staying home with her then too. I'm just shocked that she swallowed that hook and it went chear down! They were suprised that it didn't get caught in her throat. Can't believe this is happening so soon after we lost Wyatt. Tomorrow we are having all kinds of company. Our Daughter and 3 grandkids coming to camp for the weekend, and our Son is coming from Colorado with his family to stay in our vacation house. The town celebration is happening this weekend where we used to live and our other son's band (he's a drummer in a rock band) is playing at one of the gathering places. I don't have time for a convalescing dog!!! But apparently that is what is going to take place, so any ideas that I am going to get to have any fun is now abolished!!!! Back into nurse maid mode I go.. throw in a little cooking and cleaning and that'd be my vacation! I guess I better rest up from being sick the past two days and get ready for the masses.

No comments:

Post a Comment