Monday, June 1, 2009

Too much Fun and Too Much Sun This Weekend!





We really enjoyed the NHRA Drag races this past weekend at the Topeka Raceway. It's hard to believe that the event has come and gone. I got my fill of Nitro and Fumes for a while. Our racing friends didn't win their class but had some really good runs and have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.....they were 7th fastest in the class, and the run that she finally lost was by less time than it takes to blink! Thousanths of a second. She just wasn't lucky. It's just the way it goes sometimes. She'll get em...Glenn has the car dialed in and soooooooo close! It's coming. I got some awesome pictures and got to watch some really good pro races on Sunday. I think she has the Wally backed into the corner, and he's goin' "Na na na na nahhhhhh!!!" I waited til Sunday afternoon to get too much sun! Usually if I hang out at the trailer in the pits, I stay in the shade, but we walked around in Nitro Alley and went over to the other side of the track and didn't really feel it til it was too late! That makes three National Events this year...don't think I'll make any more, but it just depends if I need to feed the addiction again towards the end of the season! Topeka has an awesome track and absolutely the best Cherry Limeade I've ever tasted! I'm gonna have to try to duplicate it. So much better than Sonic. No carbonation and it really quenched your thirst in the heat of the day! We got a late start this morning. Said goodbye to Christy and Glenn as they decided to go south and back to California to race this weekend at Fontana California. I'm really gonna miss them, we've had so much fun, (wanna buy a duck?) Inside joke!!!! LOL and I know we'll be seeing them again later on this year. We picked up Wyatts remains at the Pet Funeral Home and finally got on the road after 10:30. We recommend the Deer Creek RV Park in Topeka as a very nice relaxing place to stay. Unfortunately, I didn't get an opportunity to check out their new swimming pool, but then that is an excuse to go back. There's quite a few things I want to do along I 70, so we will probably revisit that area this fall on the way back west. Arrived at Hunter Cove about 5 this afternoon. Got our coach all set up and went into town to Old Mexico for supper. Lucked out and got the satellite to lock on between tree branches. We don't have local channels yet..I have All American Direct off both coasts for regular channels. Travel was uneventful today. 285 miles and breezy. Wind is never my friend. It breaks too much stuff, so was glad to be off the road tonight when the wind really came up for a while. Will turn in tonight and probably venture up to Kearney to meet the new twins in the morning. We are going to try to catch some fish while we're here also. I'm hungry for a nice fresh walleye! I have gotten so many condolences sent for Wyatt, I have thank yous to do and I send out a big "Thank You" to all of you on here. I feel a little better in knowing that we did what was best for him and he couldn't ever get any better. We allowed him to go with dignity and he's probably hunting in Pheasant Heaven!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment