Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Countdown Is On!



48 hours and 30 minutes. Another Grey day here. DH and the youngest son are out for the one last hunt today. His next hoorah will be to go to a friends house and hunt Gamble Quail in the desert before the 1st of February. More frigid temps in line for the whole week here in the South Central. Heard a weather person say we may get back into the 20s next month. Boo! ;( I Have had all of this I want and more. KayCee is even ready to go! Helped one friend with her books and finances for taxes this year and helped another good friend get a computer and get a good start on Communications. She has never had one or been around the Internet, so it is a big deal for her. I had a time deciding how I could convey 15 years of experience to them in three days! Things that are like second nature to me now, are very foreign to them. We might as well be speaking a foreign language and have to remember to go slow with explanations. She's on the way, and is doing much better than in the beginning. i feel good about that. I have no doubt that they will continue to learn and enjoy their new mode of discovery and communications. Got our year end stuff in the works and pretty much battened down the hatches here in good old Nebraska. We had a wonderful Holiday season, even though we were snowed in in a hotel. Had family around, good friends, were safe and warm and had plenty to eat. Who could ask for more. Got to watch our Football team provide a shut out against Arizona in our Bowl game and Went to bed and let the new year Ring itself in! I am more than ready to go. The countdown is on...48 hours and 30 minutes...we will head west. I usually don't set New Year's Resolutions, but this year I decided to do an easy one that I may be able to keep. I have put Merriam Webster's Dictionary on my toolbar and will try to go there each day, see the Word of the day and try to use it in a sentence. I will probably forget it by the end of the day, but maybe will broaden my vocabulary a bit. A lot easier than lose weight and exercise more. I'm already doing them....I also am going to sign up for a couple of classes in Casa Grande this year. At any rate, I think we're going to have a busy, fun year. Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment