Thursday, January 21, 2010

What a difference a Day Makes

We are in the middle of a full blown dust storm! It was calm this morning, and our wind warnings were for 11:00 a.m.
I almost decided it would miss us, and we were debating on whether or not to put the slides in. DH went up to the clubhouse to take a shower, I made banana bread and decided I'd put the slides in just in case. We decided to go into Casa about 10:45 and go to the show, Avatar. The wind was just barely blowing. When we came out of the show it was awful! I drove the interstate for 2 miles and got off on Jimmie Kerr Blvd. where we started meeting emergency vehicles. I knew I didn't want to stay on I10 any longer with all the trucks. There had been a wreck with a little white car on Toltec Road where we turn to come home. If I would have thought it would be this bad, we wouldn't have gone.
Unfortunately, pets still have to be walked, so going outside can't be avoided for some of us. Lots of units coming off the interstate. The sand is filtering in here even with the shades pulled and I'm gonna have an awful mess to clean up I fear. The vehicles are a total mess. We probably will have caked on mud when this is over. I'm glad I shut the slides, at least the canvas slide toppers and awning are covered. This is waaaay bizzare! Now I wish it would rain a bunch! It's going north of us and Phoenix is really getting rain. For the rest of the afternoon, we just rock and roll and ride it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment