Saturday, January 30, 2010

Super Saturday

The weather is great today. Almost as warm outside and it is inside. One of the hot air baloons was up this morning when I got up, but was too far away for pictures this time. The Jump planes were out on their first flights of the day before 8 a.m. so that is an indication that the weather is better. Last night I discovered yet another toy that I want. A propane fueled fire pit. We were invited to a going away party that our friends were having for a lady here in the park with a sick husband. They had it on their RV patio around a fire pit. It's a real fire and still here in the desert it gets chilly at night, so was really nice to sit around it for warmth. I guess you can find them at Home Depot and Lowes,along with a small propane tank to fuel it. It looked like the logs were a kind of ceramic material that held heat, and they were nestled in what looked like a tire rim. I was really impressed with it because it produced no smoke and would be small enough to stow and transport! One of my pet peeves in summer campgrounds for families is smokey campfires! The smoke travels, and not only provides them with amusement, but fills the campers,rigs and clothing around them also, which is no fun! I like a campfire at night, but just don't like the smoke! With this thing, you could even roast marshmallows! DH went to hit some golf balls today and I trekked off to the gym this morning. I woke up with a burning pain on top of my right foot, and hope it doesn't slow me up. It's getting an ice session now. Today was Leg day at the gym and the trainers weren't gentle! If my butt muscles let me walk tomorrow I will be suprised! Tomorrow is a day of rest.... This morning on the way out I had to take a picture of the eye candy that showed up here last night for an over night stay. Someone has a nice Prevost.
Towing a CR-V...The 45 foot rig is older but nice just the same.
We don't see many like this here. I'm still starting to think about downsizing though, trying to resist the urge to start looking! In town, I was looking for a hair salon, and found myself in front of the Casa Grande City Hall....it is the oldest building in that town, and the very ornate, Spanish design is original and interesting. One of these days we will go see what the inside is like.
I got my hair chopped on and now am home ready to do laundry and other mundane tasks. There was a big wreck just being cleaned up at the Florence exit and the traffic is heavy and snarled today. That will probably deter me from going back into town this afternoon. I have this noticable urge to shop today! I hope it goes away. At least until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment