Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Weather Delay


We are all packed. I have spent days getting our house in order and ready to hit the trail. The alarm was set for 6 a.m. and I have been watching the weatherunderground maps. I'll bet I didn't sleep 4 hours last night, but about 5:30 I finally got up and looked at the maps for the final time before making the decision that we would be better off not to go now. Up close you can see the ice crystals formed on my wrought iron deck railing. Remembering that we are retired and don't have a time schedule to be anywhere, and the fact that the coach is in a heated place helped. Since we didn't winterize Betsy, taking her out in sub zero wind chills and sitting in below freezing campgrounds just doesn't sound like a good time to me. I rescheduled my appointment in Co Spgs. for Monday and Dan will head to Goodland on Monday to get in the shop for new tires. I will catch up with him when I'm finished. Saturday it's supposed to be in the 40s in Colorado, so we can get our vehicles cleaned up and get everything put away. A little shopping and lows of 20s are doable, moreso than below zero! We will hang out here until Saturday, mostly inside because it's bitterly cold. I went down and got supplies and I got a bit of cooking done for the week and the delay will make me do more laundry and Cleaning now before we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment