Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sunny Morning!



I'm sitting here this morning watching hot air baloons hovering in the sky. They like to go up at dawn and dusk. This is the first ones I've seen for about a week, but our weather hasn't been good for a day or two. We had a nice rain yesterday morning..it seemed to clean the air. I took the day off yesterday and spent the whole day in bed----sick! I contracted a stomach bug and it was really nasty! Glad I'm feeling on the mend this morning since there's only two days until the Drag Races and I can't be sick.....now I'll just be holding my breath...do ya suppose we can luck out and DH won't get it about Friday? At least he tried to wait on me a little bit yesterday....and then went and played pool with friends in the afternoon. I asked what he did all afternoon and he said he played 19 games of pool with Phil...he had to keep playin until he won! We had a busy weekend. Went to an Indian Festival in Casa Grande. Attended their Pow Wow on Sunday afternoon. Was an interesting time, and even had Cherokee from Oklahoma in attendance. Today...President Barack Obama is in Mesa. He is going to be giving a speech from a local school. Traffic reports and the roads are a mess. We go to Mesa and Apache Junction quite a bit to shop, but we wont be going today. It's quite interesting that the Resort that he stayed at last night is in Forclosure....and Arizona has the 3rd largest amount of home Forclosures on the market. Both him and John McCain stayed in the same hotel. John McCain had a party there to kick off his 2010 bid for the Senate. I think I will take it easy yet today. DH went off to the Coffee and Announcements here at the resort. I have missed it the past two weeks. He'll bring me the news and it keeps him busy so I can rest! We saw a drag racing semi go by this morning. That's only the beginning. It's really gonna happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment