Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pizza Party at DeBoyz

Although the Escapees Reunion in the desert has now passed, a few folks stayed behind here in the city of Yuma. Was in contact with a couple of folks wanting to get together again.
We headed downtown yesterday to DaBoyz, which is in Old Town Yuma to meet with 3 other couples from the Escapees KOFA COOP park. That place has turned in to one of my favorite places! I love the atmosphere there and their food is excellent. Although no reservations were made, and there were 8 people, they gave us our own room, the Elvis Room, and we were seated around a round table, a great set up for visiting with a bunch. The wait staff was excellent and they have gone out of their way to make us comfortable.
We had so much food brought into that room, I thought we'd never get through it!It just kept coming and coming! The small salad is big enough to feed four easily and ours had a funny face looking back at us! If you have the chance...please take the time to have that experience when you're in Yuma! Our friends from the Reunion invited two other Canadian couples to dine with us.
It was fun to meet and visit with them. The bonus of the evening for me was that Toni had been the benefactor of some local lemons and made a lemon meringue pie, through the forum I had mentioned that it was my favorite pie of all times, and she brought me a piece! I had it for lunch today and it was very yummy! Thanks Toni! Seems like our whole existence the last few weeks has been food based and I guess thats what happens when you have gatherings with new friends and they don't drink or play sports!
It seemed like just a short time, and we were back on the road for home and on to play Cribbage in our Tuesday night group. Today I have been takin it easy, doing some mundane financial stuff and getting some cleaning done. DH is busy organizing a block party for us in a couple weeks to honor one of our neighbors for their anniversary. Once again we will eat! I'm thankful I don't have to organize or cook or anything, just show up! This week is in honor of Elvis here at The Palms. The dance tomorrow night and the Burger Bash will use that theme. It should be another fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment