Sunday, March 6, 2011

Midnight at the Oasis

Yuma's annual Classic Car Show and Moonlight Festival was this past weekend. Thursday night they had a drive in movie, Friday night was the Classic Car Parade and Saturday was the show and concerts in the evening.
The show was in the Ray Croc Baseball Complex, which is huge. We got a late start and it was a very warm day, which was perfect to bring out a large crowd. There was over 1,000 cars, and we walked around until we got tired of looking! Lots of beautiful nostalgic autos and trucks.
The Yuma County Sheriff's office had a booth, along with the Border Patrol from this area displayed their sand buggy chase rig.
This was the largest car show we've ever been to.
I learned about a particular car...a DeTamaso sports car, which was a Ford/Italian made car manufactured for a mere 4 years from 1971-1975.
The engine is in the rear and it must have been fairly popular, as there were several of them here. I got enough sun for the whole week and it was plenty hot out there with no shade. Most of the car owners had shades in their spaces.
Although I didn't find the car I was looking for, a 1952 black Chevy, I did find a ford with the same Salmon and Black paint job that my Grandma ordered for her only new car!
We are going to have another great day. It's supposed to get hot again and today is the big 60 for my hubby and I have a few fun things planned and a suprise dinner with our friends. Be sure to look back at the last post, I added some more pictures of the Bugle Corp!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the heat, we are waiting for snow over the next couple of days up this way. Am ready for it to be the "last" of the season!

    ReplyDelete