Thursday, June 14, 2012

Baking in the Desert!


We're up to having daily Triple Digit temps here now. I say it's time to move on - and we would, however the body shop in Las Vegas still has our bumper! We had quite a trip coming back from Nebraska, I got a bug or some bad food and was sick for the whole second day of the trip. It was an absolutely miserable day and night! Much better now. The panoramic views of  the Mountains in Colorado were awesome, captured this runaway truck ramp for proof that they actually do get used! I have never witnessed that before.  The towering rock formations in Utah are massive and stately. We headed into the city the next day to get the car looked at and pick up my new software for this computer. In getting the car estimated, they determined that they could just take the bumper off and work on it and we could still drive the car. Sounds good in a perfect world. I think if we were just driving in town and a short distance it would have been alright, however it didn't work so well, trying to drive up over the mountain at 65! My wonderful DH ended up playing MacGyver along the side of a busy highway, securing the plastic tire lining with a screwdriver and a piece of rope. The rest of the 42 miles we drove 35 mph! It took a long time to get home. Tomorrow morning we will get up and leave here at first light and make the long trip before the traffic gets bad. Or the heat! I am getting used to my new computer, the new Windows 7 Operating System and the new Microsoft Office Home and Business Software. While I upgraded, I picked up a program tutorial set by Professor teaches. I took a college course to learn Microsoft XP and Office '97. I figured it was time for a refresher since I still know enough to get me through or get me in trouble. I have done a few lessons and if nothing else, it provides me something to do when it's hot out.The wind is blowing again now, but just a breeze so far. When the wind blows in Las Vegas the strip and sky line doesn't look very pretty. We were out in the hills east of town and took pictures across the city. I think I like the Night Lights much better!  I must admit, I have a severe case of "hitch itch" and need to move on. Looking forward to sitting outside in some cooler temps soon.

1 comment:

  1. You have certainly had more than your share of problems. I'm certainly hoping it's not contagious if you're heading this way!! Keep those triple digits down there. We don't want them here.

    ReplyDelete