Friday, August 13, 2010

Fresh Walleye!

Ain't nothin' better! Quite an exciting evening and night around here. KayCee and I stayed home and attempted to have a slumber party while DH went with the camp host and they took his little boat to the Outlet of the Garrison Dam. They left here about 7:30 and by 9:30 a storm was boiling up and I knew there was no escape! While I was struggling with whether to put the slides in or not and watching the radar, DH was busy catching BIG Walleye. We had really hard rain and 44 mph winds. He caught four fish over the course of the evening, the biggest being 8 lbs 7 oz. and was 29 1/2 inches long, it was a hawg!
They got home about 1:30 a.m. and missed the storm. I was very disappointed that he didn't get any good pictures with his phone, but Ken took a few with his camera. He said he will e mail them to me, in the meantime, he went to Bismarck today and had one blown up into an 8X10 and I will frame it.
The end product was our lunch today and I do have pictures of the big fillets, hot off the grill. They were turned out delish! Our neighbor is an electrician from Minnesota and works at the power plant in the next town. He has a little bigger boat and he has the weekend off, so when he gets home later tonight, he's taking DH fishing again! I better watch out, or DH will be having so much fun he doesn't want to leave on Sunday. I don't have enough freezer space for him to keep catching big ones, and we can't eat it up fast enough. I had another friend from Nebraska look at my pics of the Enchanted Highway and tell us that's where they hunt pheasants! DH is liking North Dakota a whole lot, while I'm missing Montana! I went to the store a while ago and saw some "Flathead" Cherries. They're from the Flathead Valley in Montana south of Glacier Park. So good! The clouds are forming and we may be in for another round of weather tonight. As tired as I am, I will definitely put the slides in and go to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment