Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Small Town Wins

We have moved in the center of North Dakota to the small town of Hazen. Medora was on the edge of the "BadLands" with the town basically being a tourist hub with lots of lodging and shopping and museums.
DH took int he Cowboy Hall of Fame Museum, got a look at a "Colt" firearm that Mr. Colt gave to Buffalo Bill Cody. It had the Serial number on "1" on it. I went shopping. The shops were almost overwhelming with western gifts and jewelry. We didn't take in any of the performances or visit any other places there. I was just planning on one night and we spent two, and it wasn't enough time to take everything in. The RV Park was a City Run Campground.
Certainly not a destination campground, very powdery dust, kids driving too fast and cacti on the edges that KayCee didn't get along with. Only o.k. for a short stop. One of the good things that happened yesterday morning.
I saw all these people coming over toward me with cameras, and I thought they were coming to take pictures of KayCee! There were 20 Elk feeding on the hill above us. Glad I got some pics, as they weren't there this morning. We were going to stop at Dickenson N.D. and decided that we would forgo the bigger town, and the park that caters to the Oil and Pipeline workers. We did pull in and stock up at our favorite "Stocking Up" store, Wal Mart, and then drove north on Hwy 22 and then east on 200, part of the Sakakawea Scenic byway. Our move today was 123 miles to the northeast.
Here at the Lewis and Clark RV Park there's 28 spaces and a brand new meeting room, laundry, bath and clubhouse. This is a Passport America Park, and pleasantly affordable.
I feel as if I can relax a little. Lots of water activities at a reservoir 15 miles north of here. Lake Sakakawea, with 1884 miles of Shoreline, and lots of things at surrounding towns to keep us busy too. DH is going to get some fishing and golfing in. Who knows, I may dabble around and try to catch a fish or two. I've been known to outfish the master more times than not! Walleye is my favorite and this is supposed to be the best Walleye lake in N.D. The reminder's that Sturgis Bike Rally is not very far and coming up very soon are all around us! It's a beautiful evening, the breeze has died down and the sun is setting low in the west. DH and KayCee are out for a walk and a few tosses of the tennis ball to use up some of her pent up energy. I have no pent up energy, I will retire to the bed in short order!

No comments:

Post a Comment