Thursday, December 30, 2010

Another Chapter Begins

The newest Chapter of the adventure began this past Monday. We left the Subaru in Storage, hooked the Suburban up to the coach Tuesday morning after semi arranging things and headed south on I25. The first long day ended at a rest area on I 40 for the night. Not a terrible night but not my choice of spots, we needed to be safe after discovering we had no tail lights! Yesterday we got a head start and was on the road just past daylight. We weren't expecting to get very far due to high wind warnings and an impending storm. To our suprise, we were able to put over 300 miles on and get to Deming New Mexico before calling it a day. The wind wasn't too bad but I was ready to be done. I had watched to weather map all day whenever I had service and knew the storm was coming, so it was good to be off the road and in a park. We took a trip to Walmart to pick up a couple of things, DH found the blown fuse for the tail lights and I promptly got grit in my eyes, I had forgotten what it's like to be outside in blowing desert dust! We were suprised to have a call from some friends in the Escapees Club that we had only talked to on the net or phone. They were stopped here too and staying right down the road. They are from Oklahoma.... We have had fun chiding about the two state's football rivalry this fall and they are on their way to the Fiesta Bowl in Phoenix on Saturday. We will watch Nebraska in their bowl game on TV tonight. It was nice to finally meet and put faces with their names. We went to breakfast and hung out today.
It was a blast, even if it was snowing! I really thought I was escaping from the north having not seen any snow at all this year, but apparently god had other plans!Carol taught me a bunch of things about my photos and organizing them and other stuff in my computer and the men visited as we sat in my warm cozy coach! She is a professional Photographer and I am so glad we met. We have son's that were in Iraq at the same time, among other things that we are learning about each other. The waitress at breakfast said it doesn't snow in Deming....that's why we have about a half inch on the ground and watched a blizzard! Today we had rocking winds, and then snow..and then a blizzard and now the sun is out! Go figure. I think we will continue on tomorrow to Eloy. I'm hoping the weather system will be behind us. We have 267 miles to go to get to our New Year's eve destination and tickets to go see a friend play a show in Casa Grande AZ. I'm looking forward to listening to him play and partying the night away! hahahahaha I'm the designated driver! I don't think it will be appropriate golf weather and we will continue on over to Yuma the first of the week. We are very glad to have met some more new friends and they will be at Yuma, so will see them again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment