Monday, June 27, 2011

Testing Me in Tennessee

In my last post while in Georgia, I had somewhat of a plan. That has been changed several times. Gee this planning is fun! We spent all day last Wednesday waiting on the folks at Mid State Service Center to finish repairing and reinstalling our Generator.

They were good enough to let us stay in their electric hook up lot when it was too late to get us on the road. We wanted to hang out and run the generator and make sure that it was fixed.


Then, when I called ahead to Chatanooga TN to get a spot for Thursday night, they were full. Next best plan, make a run for it and we traveled over 300 miles just east of Nashville to Lebanon Tennessee.

Now Lebanon is the home town of the first original Cracker Barrel Restaurant. Being a fan of that place, we went to try it out and experience the place that started it all. Except our receipt said #2. Upon inquiring about the history of the place, the chain originated in 1969, but the first establishment burned down and thus a #2 replaced it being in the original town, but different location. I think that it was some of the best Cracker Barrel food we've had. We are also fans of Golden Corral Restaurants and the one in Warner Robins Georgia is hands down the best I've EVER had! After a great meal, we went to the next thing on the list that Lebanon is noted for,and that's their Outlet Mall. It is large and we had a pretty good workout walking up and down and through all the shops.

It has rained here a couple of times since we've arrived. This park is in a pleasant country setting right off the interstate, but not near an exit, so you still hear the noise, but no traffic. Today I had planned to go into Nashville and see some sights...but oh no, theres that word again...planned.

I've got a dog with ear infection, I have kidney infection and last night I came down with a roaring sore throat, temperature and cold to boot! So O.K throw me another curve!

No swimming pool or floatie seat for a while. Another small roadblock. I have taken every remedy and pill I can throw at this stuff. DH has a golf date to play in a mini Srs. tourney at an awesome course here early in the morning, so at least he'll get to do something. He took KayCee to the Vet this afternoon. I am watching the rain drops on the window and listening to the thunder.
We are still moving on West Thursday, but only 125 miles or so. I have wanted to see the National Bird Dog Museum for a few years now, so will finally get that in on Friday. No real plans for the holiday weekend, but to try and dodge the traffic and spend a quiet Monday in Russellville Arkansas. After a few short jaunts we will see some sites, check off two more states and land at a golf resort outside of Guthrie OK. on the 5th of July. Back to the 100 degree days once more, I just hope I feel better by then.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, sorry you guys are sick. I'd still trade with you though.

    ReplyDelete