Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Beginning of Summer Travel

The first day of June finds us in Seffner Florida, right outside Tampa. Today it has turned rainy after days of hot hot temps. Not much wind to speak of so it's not hard to tolerate. They really need the rain. June 1st is the beginning of hurricaine season for these folks and I really don't want to hang around and experience that, the shuttle Endeavor landed early this morning in the dark.
I knew we couldn't actually see that, I'm not sorry we didn't stay to see it, so we are headed north, back into Georgia in the morning. It's kinda sad that the Shuttle program is ending for good. There will be about 7,000 people losing their jobs here. That's sad. Some have already got pink slips. It was kinda fun seeing hot little space guys walking around Walmart in their jumpsuits! We will stay just south of Macon at a nice little RV Park. I will get my mail and we have a couple of maintenance issues to address while there at a large Service Center.

We came down here to Seffner yesterday after spending the Memorial Weekend at the Great Outdoors RV and Golf Resort.
While enjoying the beauty and facilities, that is not for us! DH had fun on the golf course, but there were much too much limits and rules.

I've never seen a resort with all the restrictions that place has. It's like they want you there, but it's almost like house arrest and there's monitors and speed enforcers (complete with tickets) everywhere! It's very expensive and they roll the amenities and the streets up at dark 30!
We also learned from another resident that their little dog had been bitten by a pygmie rattler in the dog park...and I held my breath every time KayCee went in there.

We have had fun here at Lazy Days RV Park in Seffner. They treated us Royally, and we looked around at some coaches, but they just don't have what I'm looking for right now. I totally believe that if it's meant to be it will happen, and I will know when the right one comes along. It's just not here right now...so we will continue on, do some maintenence and see some more country. Our coach is very solid and I am confident that we have a lot of great years left with it. We had been referred to a Super Sales Professional, Kevin Mullis and he is a great guy to work with. He has been in the Motorcoach business for over 20 years, his walls lined with awards from very high sales records.

I trust what he says and in using my own brain, he just didn't have what we are looking for right now. I'm still a little nervous about heading north into the path of could be hail and tornadoes, so I doubt that we come north of I 40 very soon.

These pics are from The Great Outdoors and the Midway Air Boat Ride that we took up the St. John's River looking for Alligators and wildlife.

2 comments:

  1. That RV park seems very unfriendly-user-like! And at a cost too. Here we sit, full services, laundry, satellite, horses, solitude, all for FREE. Wonderful friends too. Next year when you come to Canada, we will bring you here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been on house arrest but have no desire to go to a park that feels like that. I'm glad you've moved on from there.

    ReplyDelete